Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Friends In Far Places

I've been thinking about my friend AJ and his wife Jamie this past weekend. They're teaching elementary children in Honduras right now (they've got a nice website for their adventure), a long way from family. While I'm sure things are a bit warmer there (though I'm not jealous as I look out my office window to see several inches of snow on the ground), I'm thankful that I've got my family around even if it is cold. I'm pretty sure they're ready to see their own families. I know they'll be back for a while over the holidays, and I hope Ellie and I get to see them.

I registered to officiate MHSAA wrestling this year, quite a bit late. Fortunately I didn't have to pay the late fees, as I wasn't registered last year. I just hope I'll be able to pick up some events. Ellie and I are going to need the money to pay for the holidays I think. I'm even thinking about becoming an official for some other sports, but I don't know. I wonder what they pay freestyle/greco roman officals now a days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home