Thursday, October 27, 2005

I'll Always Want to Remember This Moment

I wrote this out on a sheet of paper on October 4th, 2005. I'm finally going to transcribe it because as you'll understand it's a moment I never want to forget.

There is a moment I always want to remember. Ellie was down the street talking to the neighbors, so I was playing with Simone (Peek-a-boo, hiding under per play table, dancing). We were listening to the Beatles White Album and dancing. I knew Simone was tired because she had been rubbing her eyes after her bath. She was so tired she laid her head on my shoulder as I danced with her in my arms, closing her eyes as we swayed together to the sound of George Harrison playing on "While my Guitar Gently Weeps." Trust, love, joy... all emotions I felt at that moment. Under the ceiling fan, the Beatles on the CD player, dancing with my sweet little baby, whose love is so simple and fulfilling. Given freely, with a beautiful smile. I know hard days come and go, and one day she'll have her own babies to feel the same way I do, but I stood there and swayed with her and thought "Please, never let me forget this moment."

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Jaime Cook said...

You're cute, Colin. Happy birthday, by the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home