Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Science Friday: Making Science Radioactive

Science Friday: Making Science Radioactive

I'm really quite excited about my little discovery today. It brings together an intersection of several things I've been interested in: Podcasting, NPR (Science Friday in this case), and iTunes.

Apple just released their latest version of iTunes, 4.9, with built in Podcast support. Previously one had to use a separate application to download and manage the podcasts, and hope it worked with iTunes. I haven't tried the new version yet, but I plan to shortly.

NPR doesn't on the whole offer podcasts, but some of their affliates do (WGBH programs have a few). I wrote NPR requesting that they make this possible, but it was only a feedback request so I don't expect much action. Things came together for me when I wanted to find out who was on Science Friday last Friday. When I went to the Science Friday website and looked around a little I discovered Science Friday does a podcast! Great! Now I don't have to be next to the radio to get the programming I really like.

Anyway, I'm excited. I'll post again with the final verdict, but I'm optimistic for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home