Monday, May 02, 2005

Exam Week Upon Me

Tommorow I've got my only exam left of this semester. It will cover the subject of nuclear (as in the nucleus of a cell, not nuclear as in radioactive) receptors, which are actually of some interest to me.

The reason I'm interested in nuclear receptors is that there is one that is central to my project. Dioxin, and many other compounds for that matter, bind to and activate a nuclear receptor known as the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor. Unfortunately only a very small portion of the exam tommorow will actually be about the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor (AhR in short hand).

I also started another B cell differentiation experiment today. I've been doing them for over a month now, and the experiment keeps getting bigger every time. Last time I did it I needed over 3 hours just to count all the cells I had in the experiment. That's tedious work. I keep hoping that my results will replicate so that I can move on to doing something else, but for the time being I think I'll be doing the same type of experiment for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home