Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Following Arnold's Address...

Ellie and I were watching the Republican National Convention last night and Arnold was on. I know people say his accent has improved in the last 20 years he's been in the States, but egad, sometimes it's awful listening to him. That's not the point I want to make though. Arnold's accent aside (which was obviously very distracting for me), I really enjoyed his speech. One thing really struck me though as I was listening.

A while back I downloaded Barack Obama's address at the Democratic National Convention (iTunes offers all the speechs for free), as I heard it was pretty good. I did enjoy it (Obama's speech), and noted it was quite positive. So was Schwarzenegger's speech. What was really striking was the similarity of message that came out of their mouths. Both talked about immigrants coming to America and finding something special. Sometimes the politics of the US are not as far apart as some would like to think.

I downloaded John McCain's speech, but I haven't given that one any attention yet since I haven't transferred it to the iPod. If it's exciting perhaps I'll write something else on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home