Friday, August 20, 2004

Dinner with Dad

My dad was in town last night, so Ellie and I got to go out for a nice meal at Sahara's (I had hummus with Sojob, or at least that's how I think it was spelled).  Ellie suffered through dinner with an aching back. I love being able to sit down and talk with Dad. We talked a lot about trying to sell his house, Susan moving in with him, and how different family members were doing.

Ellie's aching back was quite the story. She started to complain on Tuesday night about how it was bothering her, and then by Wednesday morning she was crying on the floor about how bad it hurt. I've been around Ellie for a long time, and at first I thought she was being dramatic. I asked her if the crying made the pain better, she said no, and so I followed up with "Then stop crying, because it's not helping anything."

Have I ever been chagrined following that. We ended up going to the physician's office to get Ellie checked out, and they suggested it may be a kidney stone or a herniated disk. The following morning (Thursday), Ellie passed the stone. From I've heard of everyone's experience with passing a stone, it can be excruciating. Sorry Ellie! It's improving now though.

I made an audioblog post on the baby on Tuesday, but apparently it didn't go through. I'll do some writing on it this weekend and post some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home