Friday, July 23, 2004

Floored

    I took the day off of work yesterday to be home for a new floor to be installed. When we moved into the house there were spots of polyurethane that had dried onto the flooring, as well as a host of nicks and a long scrape where the dish washer had been dragged along the floor. Westridge Builders co-owner (I think) saw it and decided that after all our complaints about it that they should just replace it.
    So yesterday the flooring guys showed up and put down a new flooring in the kitchen and dining area for us. I spent a good chunk of the day painting the door that leads from the garage into the house. It was hot and humid yesterday, so I had to give each coat of paint over an hour to dry, so I started in the morning and didn't put the door on until early this morning. Looks very blue.
    I painted both sides of the door, which unfortunately Ellie didn't want. She asked me to paint the door, which in my mind meant both sides. She meant only the side facing the garage. By the time this was determined I had already put paint on both sides of the door though. When I door the front door with both agreed it will only be the exterior face, but I think I'll need to get some more paint before I can finish that.
    For the first time in my life I took the time to write my US Representative and both Senators for Michigan. I used a free fax service to send them as an email to a fax machine in Washington DC, which then faxes to the appropriate number. Unfortunately only one went through correctly. Apparently my Senators fax machines are on the fritz. I'll try sending them again later, since I've got nothing to lose doing so. I sent them a message regarding Senator Hatch's proposed INDUCE Act legislation. I'm thinking of sending another to mention some Voice Over IP legislation that is also in the Senate. Basically, my feeling is to place only minimal regulation on either of them. Sen. Hatch wants to hold software companies liable for the bad judgement of their users, while some of the other senators want to tax VoIP (probably to death), so it's like normal phone lines. VoIP's best feature is it's cheaper that normal phone service because there are no taxes on it at this point. We'll see how things go I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home