Monday, May 17, 2004

So all in all I think this last weekend was nice. On Saturday we went to Bennigan’s with two other couples, Jeremy & Christy and Kelly & Mike. Jeremy & Christy are both expecting too, just a few months ahead of us. Had a nice piece of salmon and encouraged Mike and Jeremy to form a boy band with me so I could practice my choreography skills. We haven’t decided on a name yet. Perhaps the Overeducated White Folks. Just doesn’t have much of a ring to it. Ellie and I also got invited to go over to the neighbors (Todd & Sherry) house Sunday for burgers and we had a nice time relaxing and chatting. It was Todd’s birthday so we all had some cake. We may all go to Grand Haven or Saugatuck sometime over Memorial Day weekend. I’ve really enjoyed their company when we’ve been able to hang out.

Ellie and I have our first ultrasound tomorrow. We should be able to hear the baby’s heart beating, but that may not necessarily happen I guess. Should be interesting.

Work continues to move along. Seems like it’s always a hurry up and wait kind of thing. I always have this feeling like when I run an experiment we’re going to succeed in finding what we expect to find, and then at best we get only a hint of what’s going on. Biology is such a tease. So finicky, complicated, beautiful. That’s right. In all the chaos that seems to govern the world of biochemistry there is also exquisite control. It’s so immense in its nature no one person can hope to grasp it in entirety. I guess I’m off on a tangent, so I think I’ll finish on that note and perhaps something better will come to be later to write about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home