Thursday, May 27, 2004

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY

The most interesting thing of late would seem to be the near daily
thunderstorms we've been getting for over a week. The Red Cedar river is
higher than I've ever seen it. I should have taken some photos of it when I
last walked over the to library but I didn't have the camera with me.

With all the rain we still haven't been able to have grass seeded on our
lawns. The grass guy plans to bring some top soil and grade it, but when the
ground is as wet as it has been he can't do it. Not only that, but in all
likelihood the rain would have washed away much of the grass. Even the
farmers are complaining, as the rains have prevented them from planting and
doing some of the things they normally do to try to ensure a health crop.

Ellie and I had our two year anniversary on Tuesday. Unfortunately Monday
night I was busy meeting some collaborators for work that evening (had a
very nice dinner of salmon steak at the Evergreen Grill). Tuesday Ellie had
to entertain clients at a Lansing Lugnuts baseball game, so we didn't get to
sit down together until late that evening. She gave me a wonderful card and
some DVDs of the Kids in the Hall (the first season). I was pretty
impressed, because I never would have thought to ask for it but I do like
the Kids in the Hall very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home