Monday, April 05, 2004

This weekend was quite busy with work around the house. Ellie had to work at the hotel Saturday morning, so I got up around 8:30 by myself and started to go to work. Cable TV or internet haven't been hooked up yet, so there wasn't much else I could do. I assembled a cupboard for the bathroom but didn't mount it (it's still not mounted today) because I didn't have the right drywall anchors. Got those at Lowe's, but then the problem became that the heads on the screws that go into the anchors were too large for the hole & notch that was on the cupboard. Ooops. Chalk that one up on the experience board... making sure everything hypothetically fits before you start putting holes in the wall!

I also swung by the library and picked up some CDs that I wanted. Got home and listened to The Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. I did enjoy it. I got a few other ones too, Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and some James Taylor. I plan to put them on the iPod once I get my computer setup, but to this point there hasn't really been much of a reason to set it up. For sure one the cable modem is here.

Speaking of which, I have a decision to make. The phone lines in the house are Cat5e, and since we aren't going to get a land line I think I'm going to get new wall sockets for Ethernet and just use the existing wires. I can setup my router in the office area where my computer will be and just run everything from that room. Alternatively I could switch everything to wireless so that I don't have to deal with cables at all, but I think we'll wait a while on that. I want to see how much interference exists in the 2.4Ghz band around our place first before I make that jump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home