Wednesday, April 28, 2004

It may seem that I'm on some kind of great software kick after I write this, but I can't help it. I was reading Slashdot yesterday and the Ask Slashdot question was "What are the first 10 programs you install when you have a fresh installation of your operating system?" One of the posters mentioned a utility called 7-Zip. It's a free, open source utility that opens 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB files! You'll never need to deal with lame WinZip shareware or other programs of it's ilk if you can get used to it.

Also on Slashdot, but today instead, was a brief writeup about a music service that allows you to buy music for $0.01 per megabyte (iTunes probably runs about $0.25-$0.50 per megabyte). It will also let you choose the format! Looks like everything a consumer could want out of a music servce, except being in Russia. I'll give it a try and post my review later. It's called AllOfMp3.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home