Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I've been ruminating for a bit on what recently happened in Spain. Then I was watching the NBC Nightly News last night while folding laundry and saw a story about 16 Palestinians (I could have the number wrong) being killed in a rocket attack from Israelis, which were exacting retribution for a bombing in which a 12 year old Palestinian boy was paid to place a bomb on some mass transit.

Many news outlets seem to call the Spain attack and response a win for Al-Qaeda and a loss for President Bush, and I'll say I agree with that assessment.

It all saddens me a great deal and makes me more and more ask when our leaders with realize violence only begets more violence. It was rather funny on the Daily Show when they said Al-Qaeda's motto was "What Wouldn't Gandhi Do?" Sadly, it applies to more than just Al-Qaeda. I wish I had something witty to say to lighten the mood, but I just can't muster anything at this time. -------------------CMN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home