Saturday, December 20, 2003

So I still haven't finished all the thank-you notes. Agghh. I'm so bad at that stuff. Plus I get writing in the card then make mistakes and have to toss out a card. Agghh.

Friday I spent most of the day interviewing at the Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology. I thought I had good meetings with all the faculty I meet with. The Department of Pharm/Tox is very well regarded for hypertension research, but they've got a few other folks that I think my interests lie more with. One group (the group I work with now) researches idiosyncratic drug response (drug reactions that are adverse, unexpected, and often unexplainable). Another group focuses on immune system function and how it is influenced by cannabinoids (think of the component of marijuana smoke that acts on the central nervous system to produce the effects that are associated with marijuana) and dioxins (environmental toxins that have been released into our environment). Both of those groups are well established, publish with regularity, and do research that I'm sincerely interested in. It's going to be really hard to choose!

I also wanted to point to by buddy AJ's weblog. I just had a look at it today, so I thought I throw a link in here for it:
http://ajcook.open-creations.com/blogger.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home