Monday, December 29, 2003

Christmas has come and gone, and I must say I had a nice one. I’m always happy to see my brothers and parents. I did have to endure some bellyaching from unnamed parties, but nothing terrible. I got some wonderful gifts as well, but that’s rather secondary in reality. I finally finished writing all the thank you notes from my graduation party and am now working on addressing them all (which is not always easy because I don’t have everyone’s address. Thanks to the internet one can use the white pages lookup though to locate most folks).

Ellie and I went out and picked up new cellular phones. I didn’t really want to get one, but we wanted to leave Sprint, and Ellie really wanted us both to have one instead of sharing the one, so I bit the bullet. It wasn’t all that bad though. We went to T-mobile to meet with a friend/fraternity brother of mine, Ben Peele. He showed us two phones, got us rebates on them that covered their cost, told us her could get the activation fees on the phones back, and delayed their activation until the 20th for us (that’s when our other phone service will terminate).

We couldn’t carry the old phone number over to it though. Only the top 100 market have to comply until May 6th when all the markets must. Most phone companies have already gone over fully to portability, but not Sprint or Nextel. I don’t like either of those anyway, but it’s rather characteristic of Sprint I think. The worst customer service off all cellular phone companies coupled with a dick move like that just further demonstrates why we’re leaving them behind.

Lately I’ve been on a bit of a Beatles jag. I’ve gone to the library and picked up a few CDs and ripped them to mp3s (VBR –preset standard with EAC and Lame 3.93), then thrown them on the iPod. They didn’t have all the albums at the library, most notably the White Album, but Ellie got that for me for Christmas, so I gave it the usual treatment. Then Dave got me a copy of Radiohead’s “The Bends” which I’ve been missing for a while now. I was glad to get that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home