Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I passed the oral exam for my MS! Took the exam today with my committee. I must say I was sweating at one point. Dr.Pestka asked me about gluconeogenesis and I was nearly clueless. I struggled though his questioning. Then Dr.Romsos asked me another question about gluconeogenesis and I was clueless.

I should have known the answer (it had to do with an enzyme called Phosphoenolpyruvate Carboxykinase), and I said basically the reverse of what it truly does. Ouch. In the end I passed, so I'm relieved. I also heard from the last professor about the letter of recommendation. It is written but not yet typed, so it should go out soon. I wish I had really wowed my committee instead of flubbing the whole gluconeogenesis thing (and some stuff that was systemic in nature, I was too focused on the cellular action that was on going). I think I learned from the test though, so I think when it comes to prelims in a PhD program I'll do better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home