Monday, October 06, 2003

Just wanted to throw up a quick post. Ellie and I decided to buy MSU Hockey tickets, and we received them this morning. I went over to Jenison Fieldhouse and got in line at about 7:20AM. We got a package that was all games on Friday nights, and I picked up tickets to go with one of our couples friends (Janette & Neal). Should be a lot of fun. Although I'm not a huge hockey fan I think it will be very entertaining, plus we like spending time with Janette and Neal.

Anyway, we got positioned pretty well. The students with first choice on seats ("group 1") were those enrolled before 2000. Since I think Ellie and I were the last two of our little group to enroll, and we were in 1998! Guess that means we're starting to be significantly past the age of your average college student.

The guy next to me was a civil engineering student. He was complaining about group project meetings at 10:00AM (what about 8:30AM meetings when you actually have to work buddy?). All I could do was smile and nod. The guy "took some time off school," and that was why he was also enrolled in 1998 but still working on a BS. Next he told me he needed 34 repeat credits (limit is 20, I don't know how he pulled that one off), but he was a senior now. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't want the people who are going to build our bridges to need to have 34 repeat credits! Doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the engineering profession when those people are still slipping in. Of course it's rather presumptious of me to assume that he is not qualified. Perhaps he is more mature now (but all he talked about was how classes were easier after the junior year). I'll cross my fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home