Sunday, August 24, 2003

Ah, my first blog post. Knowing myself I wonder how long it will take before I update this. I hope to keep it going at least a few times a week, even if it's only a small update once in a while.

Tommorow is the first day of my last semester of graduate school. Taking 4 classes. Should be interesting. I've got a Biochemistry methods class, a presentation, a class on chronic diseases, and "The Pharmacology and Physiology of Excitable Cells." That one should be a doozy. Interesting though too. I also need to study for my comprehensive oral exams that decide if I'm qualified to graduate or not.

So I've updated on school.... work! I'm looking for some at the moment. I applied to some tutoring jobs here on campus but I haven't heard much from them. I suppose if I must I'd go back to service labor type work (AKA McDonalds type stuff), but I'd prefer not to. So be it. In terms of career stuff I've been sending out resumes looking for positions. I did get a call back this past weekend from Kelly Scientific Services, a temp agency that places sciences workers, but they needed someone who could start sooner. OK... I guess at least I know people are interested in me though! I'm also working on the recruiter angle, trying to find someone who will shop me around. I figure better to have two people looking for a job for me than one (just me).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home